Our newest offering, the hex tip stud offers a 35% wider tip than the flat or standard concave styles. Intended for riders primarily on snow and ice, with a thin wall hollow design, it has two gripping edges per bite. The larger diameter offers more surface contact than regular studs, without the additional weight (or cost) of chunkier XL/Ultra studs. Better AND cheaper? How often does THAT happen?
- Available in packs of 25, 50, 100, 250, 500
(use "Pack Size" drop-down to select)
- Aluminum body, Tungsten carbide tip, 0.4 g per stud
- 35% wider than flat or standard concave tips
- 22% lighter than XL studs
- Great for fat bike tires, aimed at riders on snow & ice
- Works in any bike tires with pre-formed pockets (not for traditional tires without pockets meant for studs). We have yet to find a pocketed tire these dont' fit.
- Compatible replacements for most factory-studded tires, including commuters, mountain bikes, and fat bikes.
Stud Insertion tool available separately
Need help choosing a stud type? Check our Stud FAQ.
Installation tips available on our Stud Installation page.
* Vee Snow Avalanche owners - this tire actually takes 250 studs, not 240 as indicated in their specs.