Click here for our bike tire stud installation video
- For our studs, tires must have pre-formed pockets. If your tires do not have pockets, these are not the studs for you.
- Do NOT test-ride new tires before studding (pebbles will get lodged in stud pockets).
- Remove debris from pockets before adding studs.
Installing the Studs:
- Slide pointed end of stud into the end of the tool. The magnetized tip of our tool will help hold the stud in, but will not secure it completely, so you will need to hold it at an upward angle or as close to horizontal as possible until you get it to the stud pocket.
- Push the flange of the stud into the pocket.
- Angled approach and/or twisting motion will help the stud go in.
- For easier insertion, lubricate with hand sanitizer or similar.
- When flange bottoms out, remove the tool.
- The flange will hold the stud in place.
- End of stud body should be flush with knob surface with only carbide tip protruding.
- For increased stud retention, ride 10-20 mi on hard surface to seat studs before riding off road.
- Removal is the opposite of insertion.
- Wash hands after handling.
- Cycle with care.