Click here for our bike tire stud installation video
- For our studs, tires must have pre-formed pockets. If your tires do not have pockets, these are not the studs for you.
- Do NOT test-ride new tires before studding (pebbles will get lodged in stud pockets).
- Remove debris from pockets before adding studs.
Installing the Studs:
- Slide pointed end of stud into the end of the tool.
- Our Monster-magnetized tool will hold the stud securely in the tip.
- With the Mini-mag tool it is best to hold it at an upward angle or as close to horizontal as possible until you get it to the stud pocket.
- Push the flange of the stud into the pocket.
- Angled approach and/or twisting motion will help the stud go in.
- For easier insertion, lubricate with hand sanitizer or similar.
- When flange bottoms out, remove the tool.
- The flange will hold the stud in place.
- End of stud body should be flush with knob surface with only carbide tip protruding.
- For increased stud retention, ride 10-20 mi on hard surface to seat studs before riding off road.
- Removal is the opposite of insertion.
- Wash hands after handling.
- Cycle with care.